Dinner was the last thing I wanted to make last night. Stayed home from work, felt awful... Hubby was sick too. A bug had hit our household - no fun! Unfortunately when I am sick, my appetite is very rarely effected. I always want cozy, comfort food. What is better to comfort and cuddle up with than chicken fingers?
This recipe is so simple and easy - and delicious! This recipe doesn't have exact calculations. I am cooking for two so this recipe can be adjusted for a family of more than two! This is how I made it for two...
- Three chicken breasts, cut into three vertically and in half horizontally (yes, six pieces)
- one egg
- one and a half cups of Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- canola or vegetable oil
1. Wash and clean the chicken out of the package and then cut it as directed above.
2. Beat one egg in a separate bowl
3. Combine bread crumbs, parm cheese, garlic, salt and pepper on a plate or in a separate dish
4. Pour 1/4 inch oil into heavy skillet. Heat over medium high heat.
5. Coat chicken in egg and toss in bread crumb mixture.
6. Add strips to pan when oil is hot (about 325 degrees). Working in batches, fry until chicken is browned on both sides. You can always tell when it's time to flip when your chicken looks like this:
7. Remove from oil; drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with a little salt while still hot and "glistening"!
Any questions? If so, comment away! If not - ENJOY!!